Brett Favre is two weeks removed from his 44th birthday and said this month during an appearance on an NFL pregame show that he was not considering ending his three-year-old retirement.
That wasn't enough to keep his name out of discussions by Rams decision-makers this week as the team plotted to replace injured starter Sam Bradford.
“It's flattering,” Favre told SportsTalk 570 in Washington on Thursday. “But there's no way ... I'm going to do that.”
The Rams signed veteran Brady Quinn and Austin Davis this week. Bradford was placed on injured reserve with a torn ACL.
• Packers tight end Jermichael Finley was released from a hospital and returned to his Green Bay home, ESPN reported. Finley was hospitalized, initially in intensive care, since Sunday after suffering a spinal contusion in his neck.
• A league source told a Buffalo radio station that the odds are “extremely slim” that Bills running backC.J. Spiller (ankle) play Sunday.
• The Cowboys, Lions and Dolphins will travel to London next year to play at Wembley Stadium. The Cowboys will face Jacksonville, the Lions will take on Atlanta, and the Dolphins will play Oakland.
• The Buccaneers hope injured running backDoug Martin (labrum) will be ready to play by Nov. 11 when the Bucs play the visiting Dolphins, according to NFL.com.
• Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said he will not miss any games despite playing with a hamstring injury for the past month.
• Saints tight endJimmy Graham missed his second straight day of practice because of a left foot injury he suffered Oct. 13 against the Patriots.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.