NFL notebook: QB-needy Rams reportedly reached out to Favre
Brett Favre is two weeks removed from his 44th birthday and said this month during an appearance on an NFL pregame show that he was not considering ending his three-year-old retirement.
That wasn't enough to keep his name out of discussions by Rams decision-makers this week as the team plotted to replace injured starter Sam Bradford.
“It's flattering,” Favre told SportsTalk 570 in Washington on Thursday. “But there's no way ... I'm going to do that.”
The Rams signed veteran Brady Quinn and Austin Davis this week. Bradford was placed on injured reserve with a torn ACL.
• Packers tight end Jermichael Finley was released from a hospital and returned to his Green Bay home, ESPN reported. Finley was hospitalized, initially in intensive care, since Sunday after suffering a spinal contusion in his neck.
• A league source told a Buffalo radio station that the odds are “extremely slim” that Bills running back C.J. Spiller (ankle) play Sunday.
• The Cowboys, Lions and Dolphins will travel to London next year to play at Wembley Stadium. The Cowboys will face Jacksonville, the Lions will take on Atlanta, and the Dolphins will play Oakland.
• The Buccaneers hope injured running back Doug Martin (labrum) will be ready to play by Nov. 11 when the Bucs play the visiting Dolphins, according to NFL.com.
• Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said he will not miss any games despite playing with a hamstring injury for the past month.
• Saints tight end Jimmy Graham missed his second straight day of practice because of a left foot injury he suffered Oct. 13 against the Patriots.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Rams leave Sam off practice squad
- NFL notebook: Bailey, Sam among cuts
- Not to be left behind, speedy Steelers are on the fast track in NFL
- NFL notebook: Ex-player Gilbert releases platform for NFLPA bid
- NFL notebook: QB Newton says ‘no doubt’ he’ll be ready for opener
- NFL upholds Browns WR Gordon’s 1-year ban
- Cardinals’ Fitzgerald feels best days aren’t behind him
- NFL notebook: Manning fined for taunting Texans safety
- NFL notebook: Niners’ McDonald arrested after domestic incident
- NFL notebook: Seahawks part ways with Jeannette’s Pryor