NFL notebook: Incognito says Martin sent threatening text, defends his actions
• Suspended Dolphins guard Richie Incognito said teammate Jonathan Martin sent him a threatening text message only a week before their relationship mushroomed into a harassment case that has prompted an NFL investigation. In a televised interview with Fox Sports, Incognito said he didn't take the threat seriously. Incognito said he regrets racist and profane language he used with Martin, but said it stemmed from a culture of “brotherhood” in the locker room, not from bullying. Martin left the team two weeks ago and alleges he was harassed by teammates, including Incognito.
• Texans running back A rian Fos ter will undergo back surgery next week and miss the rest of the season. Ben Tate, still recovering from four broken ribs, started Sunday at Arizona. Dennis Johnson and Deji Karim, who were signed last week, will play behind Tate.
• Titans quarterback • Jake Locker suffered a right foot injury during •Sunday's loss to the •Jaguars, and indications are he will miss the rest of the season, USA Today reported, citing sources.
• Already without franchise quarterback Aaron Rodgers because of a left collarbone injury, the Packers lost backup Seneca Wallace to a groin injury.
• Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, seeing his first action since he injured his groin last month, injured his left ankle in the second quarter of a 21-19 loss to the Lions and looked progressively worse as the game wore on.
• Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor said he has a sprained MCL in his right knee. “My knee is banged up,” the Jeannette native said after a 24-20 loss to the Giants. “I've got a sprained MCL. It just got worse during the week.”
• San Francisco tight end Vernon Davis suffered a concussion against Carolina.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Patriots veterans embrace return to Super Bowl
- Seahawks’ Sherman credits upbringing for building his character
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Normally tight-lippped Marshawn Lynch fires back at critics
- Ex-Aliquippa, Pitt star Revis finally realizes Super Bowl dream
- Patriots not dwelling on last Super Bowl loss in Arizona
- NFL notebook: Chances dwindle for Browns receiver Gordon after failed drug test
- NFL notebook: Patriots employee under scrutiny in underinflated footballs probe
- Healthy Gronkowski ready to roll in Super Bowl
- Getting fired by Patriots led to Carroll’s reinvention