NFL notebook: KC receiver Bowe to start after arrest
Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe will start Sunday night's AFC West showdown against the Broncos after his arrest for speeding and possession of marijuana over the weekend.
Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he was bound by terms of the collective-bargaining agreement from disciplining Bowe, who was pulled over for speeding in the Kansas City suburb of Riverside.
“There are rules and regulations put in place, and we'll abide by the rules and regulations,” Reid said.
Ex-Raiders TE Christensen dies
Former Raiders tight end and five-time Pro Bowl selection Todd Christensen died from complications during liver transplant surgery. He was 57.
Christensen, who was born in Bellefonte, about 10 miles from State College, had his best seasons came with the Raiders during the 1980s.
Pryor iffy, McGloin may start
Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor remains uncertain for Sunday's game at Houston while he rests a sprained right knee, the Mercury News reported.
The Jeannette native sat out the early portion of practice, while backup Matt McGloin, an undrafted rookie out of Penn State, took first-team snaps.
Around the league
Nine-time Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed cleared waivers after being released by the Texans and is being courted by the Jets and Patriots, CBSSports.com reported. ... Former NFL receiver Sam Hurd was sentenced to 15 years for his role in a drug-distribution scheme. ... Ex-Penn State linebacker Dan Connor agreed to a contract with his former team, the Panthers. ... The Browns announced $120 million in proposed improvements to FirstEnergy Stadium. ... Jets receiver Santonio Holmes is expected to play this weekend after missing five games with a hamstring injury. … Packers tight end Jermichael Finley will undergo spinal fusion surgery in an attempt to save his NFL career, ProFootballTalk.com reported.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette native Pryor’s fate hangs in balance
- Through all gimmicks, NFL remains downfield passer league
- NFL going back to the future with Los Angeles
- NFL notebook: Redskins’ Griffin speaks, but not about being supplanted as starting QB
- Name of game is content for in-game experience at NFL stadiums
- Winning, job security don’t go together in today’s NFL
- Previewing the NFL’s National Football Conference
- Point after touchdowns are extra special in NFL this season
- Steelers reporter Mark Kaboly’s NFL playoff picks
- Previewing the NFL’s American Football Conference
- NFL notebook: Jaguars TE Thomas to have surgery, miss 3 games