• The first NFL game to be blacked out locally this season will be Sunday's matchup between the AFC North-leading Cincinnati Bengals and the San Diego Chargers. The Chargers say more than 5,300 tickets were still unsold at Thursday's deadline, meaning the game won't be televised in Southern California. The Chargers had four blackouts last season, including a loss to the Bengals.
• The NFL has announced the dates of its three regular-season games in London next year, with the Dallas Cowboys playing the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 10 on Nov. 9. The first game will be played in Week 4 on Sept. 28, with the Oakland Raiders facing the Miami Dolphins. A month later, in Week 8, the Atlanta Falcons will play the Detroit Lions on Oct. 26. All the games will be played at Wembley Stadium. The NFL has been playing regular-season games at Wembley since 2007.
• John Fox is returning to work on Monday, less than a month after undergoing open-heart surgery, and he plans to coach the Denver Broncos in their game against the Tennessee Titans on Dec. 8. What hasn't been determined is whether Fox will coach from the sideline or the booth. Fox Sports first reported Fox's impending return.
• Raiders right guard Mike Brisiel left Thursday's game against Dallas after injuring his knee on Oakland's first offensive play. Brisiel stayed down for a couple of minutes after the play, though he walked off the field without any help. But the team later said he wouldn't return without providing additional specifics about his injury. The guard also left the game at Houston on Nov. 17 with a knee injury. He was cleared after an MRI the following day.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.