NFL notebook: Vikings' Peterson listed as probable against Bears
• Adrian Peterson returned to Minnesota Vikings' practice on Friday and is probable for Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears. Peterson, second in the league with 997 yards rushing, has been limited for three weeks with a groin injury and was held out of practice Wednesday and Thursday. But the reigning MVP will be “ready to roll” when Minnesota hosts Chicago and its 32nd-ranked run defense Sunday.
• The Titans will be without receiver Damian Williams and tight end Craig Stevens on Sunday against the Colts. Neither player practiced all week. Williams will miss his third consecutive game with a hip injury. Stevens suffered a concussion against the Raiders last week, leaving Tennessee with only Delanie Walker and Taylor Thompson available at tight end.
• Antonio Cromartie said his ailing hip is “feeling a lot better,” and hopes to play in the Jets' game Sunday against the Dolphins. The cornerback said the hip injury has restricted him all season from being “explosive,” but was optimistic after running on the sideline during practice after sitting out the last two days. Coach Rex Ryan said he is “concerned” about the status of wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who did not practice all week while dealing with a hamstring issue.
• Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali pronounced himself close to 100 percent for Sunday's game against Denver, while fellow pass rusher Justin Houston is week to week with an elbow injury.
• Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul and cornerback Trumaine McBride have been ruled out for Sunday night's road game against the Redskins. Coach Tom Coughlin announced that backup running back Brandon Jacobs and cornerback Corey Webster also will miss the game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- 2 boys who received transplants at Children’s Hospital progress to sunnier days
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game
- Armstrong football successful in debut in summer competitions at Juniata
- Torn thumb ligament puts Pirates’ Harrison on DL
- Zadecky adjusts to new position as Penn State Fayette AD
- Heavy storms blast Kansas City area
- American players enjoying fanfare after World Cup victory
- Markets ‘shrug off’ Greece debt saga
- Two rookies among National League reserves for All-Star Game
- La Scuola d’Italia Galileo Galilei touts Pittsburgh’s Italian heritage