NFL notebook: Ravens activated TE Pitta, set to make season debut
The Ravens activated tight end Dennis Pitta on Saturday, one day before their game against the Vikings.
Pitta had been on injured reserve with a designation to return while working back from a dislocated and fractured hip he suffered during training camp in late July.
Pitta's workload likely is to be limited against the Vikings, but he could provide a spark to a Ravens passing game that has struggled.
Pitta had 61 receptions for 669 yards and seven touchdowns last year.
He returned to practice Nov. 20 and was more active this week.
“I bumped my workload a little bit this week just to kind of test and see where it's at,” Pitta said Friday.
“And like I said, it felt good. I feel like I'm able to do what I need to do.”
Report: Browner rejects offer
Seahawks Pro Bowl cornerback Brandon Browner, who is facing a one-year suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, turned down a deal to shorten the ban, NFL.com reported.
Browner rejected a three-month ban and will continue with the appeal process. The 29-year-old Browner, who hasn't played since Nov. 10 with a groin injury, is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the season.
Around the league
The Chargers activated outside linebacker Melvin Ingram from the reserve-physically unable to perform list. Ingram, a first-round draft pick in 2012, tore his left ACL in May. …The Chiefs promoted tight end Dominique Jones to the 53-man roster and released wide receiver Chad Hall. Jones will take the place of Anthony Fasano (concussion) for Sunday's game at Washington. … The Raiders promoted defensive backs Chance Casey and Shelton Johnson and linebacker Marshall McFadden, a former Steeler, from the practice squad to the active roster. ... John J. Idzik, a former NFL assistant coach and father of Jets general manager John Idzik, died. He was 85.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Chances dwindle for Browns receiver Gordon after failed drug test
- Starkey: Suspend ‘Beli-cheat,’ now or later
- NFL notebook: Seahawks warned 15-yard penalty for Lynch obscene gesture
- ‘Beli-cheat’s’ reputation built over many years
- Patriots coach, QB say they don’t know how balls were deflated
- Seahawks secure 2nd straight Super Bowl berth with 28-22 overtime victory over Packers
- NFL notebook: Broncos QB Manning will sit out Pro Bowl
- NFL notebook: Packers coach McCarthy’s younger brother dies at 47
- Belichick, Brady offer no explanation for deflated game balls
- NFL notebook: Lynch fined for obscene gesture