NFL notebook: Barring setback, Vikings' Peterson ready to go
• Vikings running back Adrian Peterson returned to practice Friday and is expected to play Sunday at Cincinnati as long as he doesn't have any setbacks with his sprained right foot. The league's second-leading rusher, Peterson is listed as questionable for Sunday. “I'm looking forward to playing this week,” Peterson said. “Get another day to rest, which is going to be good. As far as the foot goes, I'll be ready to go.”
• Broncos slot receiver Wes Welker was ruled out Sunday against Houston. He also is expected to be held out of the Broncos' regular-season finale at Oakland as a precaution against a third head injury this month.
• The Chiefs will have dangerous punt returner Dexter McCluster back from his ankle infection injury when they play the Colts on Sunday.
• Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is questionable for the game against the Patriots with a knee injury.
• Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew has been ruled out Sunday against the Giants. Pettigrew hurt an ankle during Detroit's loss to Baltimore on Monday night.
• Rams rookie wide receiver rookie Tavon Austin (WVU) missed his sixth straight day of practice with a left ankle injury and is questionable.
• Browns cornerback Joe Haden returned to practice after missing two days with a bruised hip and could play against the Jets.
• The Seahawks will be without starting right guard J.R. Sweezy for Sunday's game against Arizona after he suffered a concussion last week.
• Eagles quarterback Nick Foles was fined $10,000 for an illegal peel-back block on Minnesota's Erin Henderson. Arizona's Marcus Benard was fined $15,750 for roughing the passer on a hit on Tennessee's Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Search for tight end could lead to Penn State’s James
- Combine notebook: New 49ers coach, W.Pa. native Tomsula growing more comfortable
- Rossi: NFL has some deeds worth celebrating
- Former Pitt OT Clemmings highly touted for NFL Draft despite inexperience
- NFL notebook: After ruling, Panthers’ Hardy seeking immediate reinstatement
- Ruling favors Vikings’ Peterson, sets up reinstatement