NFL notebook: Incognito lashes out at Martin on Twitter
• Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito lashed out at teammate Jonathan Martin on Twitter on Wednesday, saying, “The truth is going to bury you and your entire ‘camp.' You could have told the truth the entire time.” Incognito also wrote Martin told him he thought about committing suicide because he wasn't playing well. “FACT: Jonathan Martin told me he thought about taking his own life in MAY 2013 b/c he wasn't playing well. Told me he felt worthless,” Incognito said on Twitter. Incognito's series of tweets directed at Martin and his representatives come as the NFL prepares to release a report on the Dolphins' bullying case that could help clarify their relationship. Martin previously said he was harassed daily by Incognito and other teammates. He alleged their racial, aggressive and sexually charged comments played a role in his departure from the team Oct. 28.
• The Broncos extended executive vice president John Elway's contract for three years and added general manager to his title. The Broncos have gone 37-17 since Elway rejoined the team in 2011 and are coming off an AFC championship but a 43-8 blowout to Seattle in the Super Bowl.
• Gregg Williams officially is returning to the Rams as defensive coordinator, the first time he will lead a defense since he lost his job in New Orleans amid the fallout from the team's bounty scandal. He was defensive coordinator for the Saints when he was suspended for the 2012 season for the scandal. He was reinstated by the NFL in February 2013.
• Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said the club released strong safety Roman Harper, outside linebacker and defensive end Will Smith, and cornerback Jabari Greer. Loomis also said the club does not intend to re-sign linebacker Jonathan Vilma, who has been hampered by recurring knee injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Chances dwindle for Browns receiver Gordon after failed drug test
- NFL notebook: Lynch fined for obscene gesture
- NFL notebook: Seahawks warned 15-yard penalty for Lynch obscene gesture
- NFL notebook: Packers coach McCarthy’s younger brother dies at 47
- Belichick, Brady offer no explanation for deflated game balls
- Starkey: Suspend ‘Beli-cheat,’ now or later
- NFL notebook: Source reports 11 of 12 game balls provided by Patriots under-inflated
- Patriots coach, QB say they don’t know how balls were deflated