49ers QB Kaepernick, 2 others investigated
MIAMI — Three NFL players are named in a police report involving a woman who passed out in a hotel and later woke up in a hospital not knowing how she got there, though no one has been charged with a crime, authorities said Thursday.
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and wide receiver Quinton Patton, and Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette, were with the woman at a Miami hotel where Lockette lives, according to the Miami Police Department report.
Police stressed that the report contained only unproven allegations at this point.
“As far as whether there was a crime committed, it's too early to say,” said police spokeswoman Kenia Reyes.
The account of the woman, who was not identified by police, is described in the report:
The woman mixed drinks and gave the men shots, and the men told her “in order to drink the shots she had to ‘hit' the bong which contained marijuana.”
The four were watching a basketball game when the woman began feeling light-headed and went to lie down in a bedroom. Kaepernick came into the room, began kissing her and undressed her completely. The woman told police that they did not have sex, and that Kaepernick left the bedroom saying he'd be right back.
A few minutes later, the woman told police, the other two men “peeked” inside. She said to them, “What are you doing? Where is Colin? Get out.”
The report said the woman does not remember anything after that and later woke up in a hospital room with no memory of how she got there.
The woman told police she has had a sexual relationship with Kaepernick in the past.
Kaepernick's agent, Scott Smith, did not immediately respond to email and voice mail messages. The 49ers and Seahawks issued statements saying they were aware of the incident.
Kaepernick, 26, is one of the NFL's top quarterbacks, leading the 49ers to the Super Bowl after the 2012 season and the NFC championship game this past year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Wax weed’ worries authorities
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- Bethel trio of siblings celebrate 150 years of marriage
- Public will get glimpse of building
- Class of ‘74 returning for last dance at Kittanning High School
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- MLB notebook: Yankees to donate $150K to charity for A-Rod’s 3,000th hit ball
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Man with Donora roots promoted to Air Force colonel
- Youngwood man’s crash knocks out power in Monessen