NFL notebook: Miami police releases 911 calls involving Kaepernick
• Calls to a 911 dispatcher were released in the investigation involving three NFL players, including 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, and a woman claims she passed out in a hotel room and awoke in a hospital not knowing how she got there. On the two calls released Tuesday by the Miami Police Department, a person says a woman identifying herself as Jesus is lying naked in a bed and refuses to leave.
• Seahawks strong safety Kam Chancellor is recovering from hip surgery that took place a month ago, the team confirmed. It's unknown how much his surgery will limit his availability to participate in offseason workouts and training camp. He was a second-team All-Pro selection this past season with 93 tackles and three interceptions during the regular season. He added two interceptions in the postseason, including one in the Super Bowl.
• Bradie James is retiring with the Cowboys after the linebacker spent nine of his 10 seasons with the team that drafted him in 2003. James, 33, signed a one-day contract Tuesday. He is one of six Cowboys with at least 1,000 career tackles. James last played with Houston in 2012.
• Tanard Jackson was reinstated by the NFL after a drug-related suspension that lasted two seasons. The Redskins haven't decided whether he will get another chance with the team.
• Former coach Dan Reeves has been elected into the Broncos' Ring of Fame along with former halfback/kicker Gene Mingo and returner/receiver Rick Upchurch.
• Hall of Famer Derrick Brooks will be the newest member of the Buccaneers' Ring of Honor. The nine-time All-Pro linebacker who led the Bucs to their only Super Bowl title 11 seasons ago will also have his No. 55 jersey retired by the team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Search for tight end could lead to Penn State’s James
- Combine notebook: New 49ers coach, W.Pa. native Tomsula growing more comfortable
- Former Pitt OT Clemmings highly touted for NFL Draft despite inexperience
- NFL Scouting Combine notebook: West Virginia receiver White possesses rare blend of speed, strength
- NFL notebook: Lions release veteran running back Bush
- NFL notebook: After ruling, Panthers’ Hardy seeking immediate reinstatement
- Ruling favors Vikings’ Peterson, sets up reinstatement