NFL notebook: Minneapolis gets 2018 Super Bowl
• The Browns relaxed their media limitations to see rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel practice. Manziel, who will compete with Brian Hoyer for Cleveland's starting job, is taking part in the club's three-day organized team activities. The Browns are allowing national media to cover the workout after limiting access for their rookie minicamp last week to only local reporters and photographers.
• The Vikings signed first-round draft pick Teddy Bridgewater for four years and just under $7 million. The Vikings traded up to get Bridgewater, a quarterback from Louisville, with the last pick of the first round so they could lock him into a four-year contract that includes a team option for the fifth season.
• Ravens running back Ray Rice received initial approval to enter a court program that could result in dismissal of an assault charge against him in New Jersey. The decision relates to an aggravated assault charge Rice faces following a Feb. 15 incident with his then-girlfriend in an Atlantic City casino elevator. The couple married a day after Rice was indicted.
• Commissioner Roger Goodell is praising the way the NBA has handled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's racist comments. Goodell said at the NFL owners' meeting that his NBA counterpart, Adam Silver, was “being decisive, made the right statements and is doing the right things.”
• Saints spokesman Greg Bensel said Tom Benson is “fine” after falling and hitting his head as he walked off a podium during the owners meetings. Benson was being examined for concussion symptoms before his scheduled flight home to New Orleans.
• The Browns added veteran NFL executive Bill Kuharich to their front office as an executive chief of staff.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Broncos WR Welker suspended 4 games
- NFL notebook: Bailey, Sam among cuts
- NFL notebook: Rams leave Sam off practice squad
- NFL notebook: Manning fined for taunting Texans safety
- Not to be left behind, speedy Steelers are on the fast track in NFL
- NFL notebook: Seahawks part ways with Jeannette’s Pryor
- NFL increases penalties for domestic violence
- NFL notebook: Niners’ McDonald arrested after domestic incident
- NFL upholds Browns WR Gordon’s 1-year ban