NFL notebook: Minneapolis gets 2018 Super Bowl
• The Browns relaxed their media limitations to see rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel practice. Manziel, who will compete with Brian Hoyer for Cleveland's starting job, is taking part in the club's three-day organized team activities. The Browns are allowing national media to cover the workout after limiting access for their rookie minicamp last week to only local reporters and photographers.
• The Vikings signed first-round draft pick Teddy Bridgewater for four years and just under $7 million. The Vikings traded up to get Bridgewater, a quarterback from Louisville, with the last pick of the first round so they could lock him into a four-year contract that includes a team option for the fifth season.
• Ravens running back Ray Rice received initial approval to enter a court program that could result in dismissal of an assault charge against him in New Jersey. The decision relates to an aggravated assault charge Rice faces following a Feb. 15 incident with his then-girlfriend in an Atlantic City casino elevator. The couple married a day after Rice was indicted.
• Commissioner Roger Goodell is praising the way the NBA has handled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's racist comments. Goodell said at the NFL owners' meeting that his NBA counterpart, Adam Silver, was “being decisive, made the right statements and is doing the right things.”
• Saints spokesman Greg Bensel said Tom Benson is “fine” after falling and hitting his head as he walked off a podium during the owners meetings. Benson was being examined for concussion symptoms before his scheduled flight home to New Orleans.
• The Browns added veteran NFL executive Bill Kuharich to their front office as an executive chief of staff.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Seahawks warned 15-yard penalty for Lynch obscene gesture
- ‘Beli-cheat’s’ reputation built over many years
- Starkey: Suspend ‘Beli-cheat,’ now or later
- NFL notebook: Packers coach McCarthy’s younger brother dies at 47
- NFL notebook: Lynch fined for obscene gesture
- NFL notebook: Agent denies Ravens DT Cody injured dog
- NFL notebook: Broncos QB Manning will sit out Pro Bowl
- NFL notebook: Bears hire ex-Broncos coach Fox
- Carroll admits he made mistake with Matthews at USC
- NFL notebook: Source reports 11 of 12 game balls provided by Patriots under-inflated