NFL notebook: Cowboys LB Lee suffers knee injury
Oft-injured Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee didn't make it through the first offseason practice without another setback in a career filled with them.
Lee (Upper St. Clair, Penn State) went down with a left knee injury during the team portion of what was supposed to be a noncontact workout Tuesday. Coach Jason Garrett said Lee was getting an MRI later in the day, but a source told ESPN that it is feared Lee suffered a torn ACL.
The fifth-year middle linebacker went to the ground with rookie offensive lineman Zack Martin on top of him and didn't get up right away. He had to be helped off the field by trainers.
The 27-year-old Lee has missed 15 of 32 games the past two seasons and never has played a full season in his four years in the league.
Mike Pouncey: No regrets
Dolphins center Mike Pouncey claims to have no regrets about last season's incidents in a bullying scandal in which an NFL-sanctioned investigator identified him and two teammates as principals involved.
Pouncey talked to reporters for the first time since the Ted Wells report implicated him, left guard Richie Incognito and right guard John Jerry as being behind alleged hazing and harassment of tackle Jonathan Martin.
“No, not at all,” Pouncey said when asked if he had any regrets. “We've moved on from that. I'm not worried about anything in 2013, honestly. It's all about 2014 for me.”
The NFL is waiting for him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation before issuing any discipline. Pouncey said he does not need such an evaluation.
Manziel reports after Vegas trip
Johnny Manziel is back at work after a holiday weekend in Las Vegas. And when you're Johnny Football, what happens in Vegas doesn't necessarily stay in Vegas.
The Browns' rookie quarterback reported for organized team activities following a few days in Vegas, where he kicked off his summer by hanging poolside with Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, attended a UFC fight and was captured on video spraying champagne on patrons in a nightclub.
And, according to Manziel, he found time to study his new playbook.
Around the league
The Ravens signed first-round draft choice C.J. Mosley, an All-American linebacker from Alabama. ... The Bengals reached deals with running back Jeremy Hill and defensive end Will Clarke (West Virginia), leaving cornerback Darqueze Dennard as their only unsigned draft pick. ... Ravens rookie running back Lorenzo Taliaferro was arrested over Memorial Day weekend and charged with breaking a taxi cab window, according to the Virginia Gazette.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Iron ore price decline hurts U.S. Steel’s cost advantage over rivals
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Oh, bother! Winnie the Pooh banned in Poland
- Youngsters embrace technology that combines art, software in 3D printing