NFL notebook: Former Colts tight end Clark with retire Wednesday
• Former Colts tight end Dallas Clark will retire Wednesday with the team that brought him into the NFL. Clark was Indy's first-round pick in 2003. In nine seasons, he broke the franchise's career tight end records for receptions (427) and TD catches (46) and finished second in yards receiving (4,887). Clark played with Tampa Bay in 2012 and in Baltimore last year. He finished with 505 receptions, 5,665 yards and 53 TDs.
• Aaron Hernandez's attorneys sought to have a murder charge dismissed, saying prosecutors don't have enough evidence to tie the former Patriots' star to the murder of a semi-professional football player.
• ESPN reported Ravens running back Ray Rice and his wife met with commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss Rice's Feb. 15 arrest for simple assault-domestic violence. The NFL has yet to announce any discipline related to the case.
• Former Cowboys tackle Josh Brent will spend at least 45 days in rehab following his release from jail in the drunken-driving death of a teammate, and a return to his former team remains a possibility.
• The Cowboys signed first-round pick Zack Martin. The offensive lineman from Notre Dame signed a four-year deal reportedly worth about $9 million.
• ESPN reported Cowboys quarterback Kyle Orton skipped Monday's physical, which preceded the start of Monday's minicamp. Orton, 32, is wavering whether he wants to continue playing.
• Former NFL running back Marion Barber III was detained and taken for a mental-health evaluation after police were called to a Dallas suburb.
• Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus' court appearance over an alleged car race that ended in an accident has been postponed to July 1.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- West Homestead man taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger
- Cops nab Donora assault suspect
- Plagued by bomb threats, Yough offering $1,000 reward
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 4, Twins 2
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Pirates cut 12, including outfielder Tabata and pitcher Lincoln