• The Blackhawks set their roster Thursday, and when the dust settled, Brandon Saad (Pine-Richland) still was standing. For the second consecutive season, the winger made the season-opening roster. “It's really exciting knowing I'm going on the trip,” Saad said after training camp. “I'm just looking forward to getting some (ice time).” The 20-year-old Saad was scoreless in two regular-season games with the Hawks last season before being sent to his junior team, then joined the Hawks for the playoffs and had one assist in two games against the Coyotes.
• Defenseman Bryce Salvador was named the captain of the Devils. Patrik Elias and Ilya Kovalchuk will remain the alternate captains. Salvador replaces Zach Parise, who signed with Minnesota as a free agent after last season.
• Kings center Anze Kopitar, who sprained his right knee on Jan. 5 while playing in Sweden during the lockout, took some contact Thursday for the first time since the injury and said he felt no discomfort. However, it's doubtful that he will play in the Kings' season opener against the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday at Staples Center.
• The Rangers are buying out the final two seasons of disappointing defenseman Wade Redden's contract. The Rangers made the move Thursday, one day after placing Redden on waivers. Now the 35-year-old Redden is an unrestricted free agent.
• The Sabres placed three players on waivers, including defenseman Adam Pardy. Pardy is a three-year NHL veteran who proved to be the odd-man out on a Sabres roster that is now down to eight defensemen.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.