• The NHL will not suspend Maple Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski for allegedly biting an opposing player in Saturday's game against Montreal. The league said Monday there was no conclusive evidence that Grabovski bit Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty. Pacioretty said he got a precautionary tetanus shot after the incident in Toronto's 6-0 victory. The forward emerged from the skirmish showing his arm to the officials and claiming that Grabovski bit him.
• The snowed-out game between the Lightning and Bruins has been rescheduled for Thursday, April 25. The new date means the Lightning will play at home against Toronto on Wednesday night, fly to Boston for a game Thursday night and return to Tampa Bay for the regular-season finale on Saturday.
• Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer left Monday's game against the Flyers with an injury to his left leg. Reimer was hurt during a scramble four minutes into the second period. Reimer, who is 5-3-0 this season, was replaced in the Toronto goal by Ben Scrivens.
• Brian Elliott was a surprise starter in goal for the Blues against the Kings even though Jaroslav Halak, activated a day earlier, was listed in goal on the pregame sheet. Elliott allowed 14 goals the previous three games while Halak was sidelined with a groin injury. Coach Ken Hitchcock said after Saturday's 6-5 shootout loss to the Ducks that he'd go with rookie Jake Allen if Halak wasn't ready to go. Halak came out first during the pregame skate Monday night, usually NHL protocol for the starter.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.