• The Columbus Blue Jackets fired general manager Scott Howson. The move was announced by John Davidson, the club's director of hockey operations, in an email Tuesday night. The announcement came roughly 24 hours after the Blue Jackets' biggest win of the season, 6-2 over the San Jose Sharks on Monday. Howson oversaw a resurgence of the Blue Jackets in the 2008-09 season, when they went a franchise-best 41-31-10 and made the playoffs with star forward Rick Nash and Calder Trophy-winning goalie Steve Mason leading the way. But the club then fell on hard times, and last season went an NHL-worst 29-46-7.
• Calgary Flames goalie Miikka Kiprusoff is expected to be sidelined two more weeks because of a sprained knee ligament. The 36-year-old Kiprusoff has played 70-plus games for seven consecutive seasons. He was injured against Detroit on Feb. 5.
• Minnesota goalie Josh Harding told the Wild he's feeling a little “off” from medication he takes to fight multiple sclerosis. The Wild recalled goalie Darcy Kuemper from their AHL affiliate before Tuesday's game in Vancouver.
• The Toronto Maple Leafs said goalie James Reimer will miss at least a week because of a strained knee ligament. Reimer was injured in the second period of Toronto's 5-2 home victory over Philadelphia on Monday night. He is 6-3 with a 2.31 goals-against average and a shutout in 10 appearances this season.
• The Boston Bruins signed forward Jay Pandolfo to a one-year, two-way contract. The deal would pay him $600,000 if he is in the NHL and $350,000 in the minor leagues. Pandolfo was placed on waivers, a move that allows the Bruins to send him to Providence of the AHL.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.