NHL notebook: Red Wings' Franzen placed on injured reserve
The Red Wings placed forward Johan Franzen on injured reserve. They also removed goaltender Jonas Gustavsson from IR and assigned him to Grand Rapids of the AHL.
Franzen has missed Detroit's last two games with a hip injury.
Gustavsson was signed by the Red Wings in July and has appeared in one game for them this season. He's been out with a groin injury.
Flames call up goaltender
The Flames recalled goaltender Danny Taylor from the AHL and assigned Leland Irving to their Abbotsford affiliate.
The move comes after the club claimed goalie Joey MacDonald off waivers earlier this week after it was announced that No. 1 netminder Miikka Kiprusoff will miss more time because of a knee injury.
This is Taylor's second stint with the Flames this season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Pitt football notebook: Chryst still seeking improvements in running game
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Monz resigns as Carlynton football coach
- More than $4 million in federal funding going to airport
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Red Sox at Pirates
- Jury acquits Ford of assaulting police; deadlocks on other counts
- NFL notebook: Vikings reinstate Peterson
- Spring Garden repairs to shut off water Tuesday
- Woman killed after car hits tree in Norvelt
- Podlucky mansion in Ligonier Township will go to sheriff’s sale