NHL notebook: Red Wings' Franzen placed on injured reserve
The Red Wings placed forward Johan Franzen on injured reserve. They also removed goaltender Jonas Gustavsson from IR and assigned him to Grand Rapids of the AHL.
Franzen has missed Detroit's last two games with a hip injury.
Gustavsson was signed by the Red Wings in July and has appeared in one game for them this season. He's been out with a groin injury.
Flames call up goaltender
The Flames recalled goaltender Danny Taylor from the AHL and assigned Leland Irving to their Abbotsford affiliate.
The move comes after the club claimed goalie Joey MacDonald off waivers earlier this week after it was announced that No. 1 netminder Miikka Kiprusoff will miss more time because of a knee injury.
This is Taylor's second stint with the Flames this season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High winds knock out power, injure man at Cranberry construction site
- Attorney: Ferguson grand jury has reached decision
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, executive says
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- New Kensington-Arnold employee suspended over alleged inappropriate contact with student
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Brackenridge high-rise infested with bed bugs
- PennDOT says opening of HOV lanes delayed because of power outage
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money