NHL notebook: Red Wings' Franzen placed on injured reserve
The Red Wings placed forward Johan Franzen on injured reserve. They also removed goaltender Jonas Gustavsson from IR and assigned him to Grand Rapids of the AHL.
Franzen has missed Detroit's last two games with a hip injury.
Gustavsson was signed by the Red Wings in July and has appeared in one game for them this season. He's been out with a groin injury.
Flames call up goaltender
The Flames recalled goaltender Danny Taylor from the AHL and assigned Leland Irving to their Abbotsford affiliate.
The move comes after the club claimed goalie Joey MacDonald off waivers earlier this week after it was announced that No. 1 netminder Miikka Kiprusoff will miss more time because of a knee injury.
This is Taylor's second stint with the Flames this season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies after jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Multi-car pileup shuts down portion of Route 8 in Shaler
- DA drops homicide charge against man accused of shooting Homewood bar security guard
- Monessen police investigating drive-by shooting
- Husband of accused drug-dealing teacher faces his own drug, intimidation charges
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Scottie Sports Roundup - Beistel places 3rd in national tournament
- Pittsburgh settles second car wash drug-bust lawsuit
- Westmoreland County tourism grants promote banana splits, breweries, trolley, railroad
- Pa. Supreme Court upholds special prosecutor investigating AG Kane
- Man awaiting trial for offering drugs to 2 teens found hanged in his Belle Vernon home