NHL notebook: Rangers' Nash sits with lower-body injury
Rangers top-line forward Rick Nash sat out his first game of the season Tuesday because of an undisclosed injury. Whatever is ailing Nash threatened his playing status for Sunday's 2-1 home victory over the Washington Capitals, but he was in the lineup. New York coach John Tortorella would said that Nash, in his first season with the Rangers, was “banged up.” Nash was well enough to play after warmups Sunday, and he earned an assist and tied his season high with eight shots in the game. He has three goals and nine assists with the Rangers this season. Enforcer Brandon Mashinter, acquired from San Jose last month, and young forward Chris Kreider joined the lineup Tuesday. They took the places of Nash and center Darroll Powe, who was placed on the injured list Monday after suffering a concussion during a collision with Washington's Matt Hendricks on Sunday.
• Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook didn't play in Chicago's game against Vancouver because of a lower-body injury, according to coach Joel Quenneville. Seabrooks has two goals, six assists and is plus-3.
• Minnesota Wild right wing Devin Setoguchi was fined by the NHL for a high-sticking penalty that leveled Detroit defenseman Kyle Quincey. The league announced that Setoguchi was docked $8,108.11, the maximum amount allowed under the collective bargaining agreement. The incident occurred in the second period of the Wild's win Sunday over the Red Wings. Setoguchi was given a double minor for hitting Quincey in the face with his stick as they collided near mid-ice. Quincey was down on the ice for a few seconds before getting up and going to the locker room for treatment.
• The Nashville Predators acquired defenseman Scott Ford from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for forward Jani Lajunen. The Predators said Ford will report to their American Hockey League affiliate in Milwaukee.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT puts 14 Alle-Kiski Valley bridges on list to be replaced
- Freeport dock bid exceeds resources
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Harrison OKs antenna zoning change
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters after victory
- Flag holders stolen off veterans’ graves in Lower Burrell cemetery
- Apollo-Ridge middle school library project gains STEAM
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Cloverleaf bridge work to resume after change
- Red Wings beat Penguins, 2-1, in preseason opener
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team