NHL notebook: Islanders send goalie DiPietro to AHL affiliate
Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro cleared waivers and was assigned to Bridgeport, the team's American Hockey League affiliate.
In announcing the move Saturday before their game at Buffalo, New York also recalled goalie Kevin Poulin from Bridgeport. Poulin is expected to take over the role of backup behind starter Evgeni Nabokov. This season, DiPietro is 0-3 with a 4.09 goals-against average in three games.
Sharks' Clowe faces hearing
NHL.com reported that Sharks forward Ryane Clowe faces a disciplinary hearing Monday for an incident during Friday's game versus the Blackhawks. Clowe, who was suspended pending the outcome of Monday's meeting, was assessed a minor penalty and a game misconduct for leaving the bench to start an altercation. He could be suspended 10 games without pay, and San Jose would be fined $10,000.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Butler 911 activates stand-by plan after problems develop with radio transmission system
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Bayer to spin off plastics unit as separate company; employment to remain stable
- Seneca Valley’s Lang embracing senior soccer season
- Beaver footprints found along Allegheny River bank, not gator
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- Armed officers comb woods for state trooper ambush suspect
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers