NHL notebook: Islanders send goalie DiPietro to AHL affiliate
Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro cleared waivers and was assigned to Bridgeport, the team's American Hockey League affiliate.
In announcing the move Saturday before their game at Buffalo, New York also recalled goalie Kevin Poulin from Bridgeport. Poulin is expected to take over the role of backup behind starter Evgeni Nabokov. This season, DiPietro is 0-3 with a 4.09 goals-against average in three games.
Sharks' Clowe faces hearing
NHL.com reported that Sharks forward Ryane Clowe faces a disciplinary hearing Monday for an incident during Friday's game versus the Blackhawks. Clowe, who was suspended pending the outcome of Monday's meeting, was assessed a minor penalty and a game misconduct for leaving the bench to start an altercation. He could be suspended 10 games without pay, and San Jose would be fined $10,000.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- A family’s flag flies again in Mt. Pleasant
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Cochran repair center planned in Harrison
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Photo Gallery: The Zac Brown Band kicks off summer with First Niagara show
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Motorist killed in Armstrong County rollover crash