NHL notebook: Islanders send goalie DiPietro to AHL affiliate
Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro cleared waivers and was assigned to Bridgeport, the team's American Hockey League affiliate.
In announcing the move Saturday before their game at Buffalo, New York also recalled goalie Kevin Poulin from Bridgeport. Poulin is expected to take over the role of backup behind starter Evgeni Nabokov. This season, DiPietro is 0-3 with a 4.09 goals-against average in three games.
Sharks' Clowe faces hearing
NHL.com reported that Sharks forward Ryane Clowe faces a disciplinary hearing Monday for an incident during Friday's game versus the Blackhawks. Clowe, who was suspended pending the outcome of Monday's meeting, was assessed a minor penalty and a game misconduct for leaving the bench to start an altercation. He could be suspended 10 games without pay, and San Jose would be fined $10,000.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Truck accident closes all inbound lanes of Parkway West
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery sent explicit emails
- West Newton man found dead in helicopter wreckage near Rostraver Airport
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Penguins release Carcillo from tryout contract
- Giants’ Crawford makes history with slam
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Fayette emergency personnel responding to injured man in Springfield
- Takacs Quartet excels in Haydn, Debussy