• The Columbus Blue Jackets traded forward Tomas Kubalik to the Winnipeg Jets for forward Spencer Machacek. Machacek will report to Columbus' American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass., after Sunday's deal. The 24-year-old Machacek was selected in the third round, 67th overall, of the 2008 draft. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound right winger has two goals and seven assists in 25 career NHL games with the Thrashers/Jets. He had 11 goals and 14 assists in 57 games with St. John's this season. Columbus' sixth pick, 135th overall, at the 2008 draft, Kubalik has a goal and three assists in 12 games with the Blue Jackets. The 6-3, 215-pound right winger has played in 190 AHL games, with 49 goals and 47 assists.
• The Los Angeles Kings recalled center Tyler Toffoli from Manchester of the AHL. Toffoli could make his NHL debut Monday night for the defending Stanley Cup champions. Toffoli has 48 points and a plus-20 rating in 55 games this season with Manchester, emerging as one of the Kings' top prospects. He is the AHL's second-leading goal scorer, netting 28 in his rookie season. The 20-year-old Toffoli, who was a second-round draft choice, is available to play for the Kings against Calgary on Monday.
• The Dallas Stars lost Jamie Benn late in Saturday's game against the Coyotes on a hit by Phoenix center Martin Hanzal. The hit appeared to come late on the play, and it could be argued it was high and from the blind side on a defenseless player. The NHL has been trying to get those hits out of the game, so Hanzal could face disciplinary action. However, he was not penalized on the play.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.