• The NHL Players' Association plans to canvass its membership on visors. Mathieu Schneider, a special assistant to NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr, said some 72-73 percent of NHL players wear shields. Schneider was involved in a day of meetings with NHL GMs, who talked about everything from embellishment and goalie equipment to trying to maintain the integrity of faceoffs. The NHLPA rep was part of a larger group discussion on player safety and other rules issues.
• Sabres leading scorer Thomas Vanek missed practice because of a hip injury, and it's uncertain if he'll play against the Maple Leafs on Thursday. Interim coach Ron Rolston listed Vanek as day to day one day after the player was hurt during a 3-2 overtime win at Montreal. Vanek leads Buffalo with 14 goals, 17 assists and 31 points.
• Panthers rookie Eric Selleck was suspended two games without pay for instigating a fight late in his NHL debut against Carolina. Selleck came off the bench to fight Carolina forward Kevin Westgarth with 2:58 left in the Panthers' 4-1 win Tuesday night. Selleck will forfeit $5,945.94 and will sit out games at the Rangers on Thursday night and at New Jersey on Saturday. He is eligible to return Sunday at the Islanders.
• Carolina defenseman Justin Faulk will miss two to four weeks with a sprained knee ligament. The team placed Faulk and forward Chad LaRose on injured reserve after disclosing Faulk's diagnosis and saying he will not need surgery. Faulk has three goals, seven assists and 11 penalty minutes for the Hurricanes. LaRose has been out since March 2 with a concussion. He has two goals and one assist in 19 games.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.