• The Boston Bruins acquired Jaromir Jagr from the Dallas Stars, hoping the 10th-leading goal scorer in NHL history can improve their shaky offense. Jagr for two prospects, forwards Lane MacDermid and Cody Payne, and a conditional second-round pick in this year's draft. In his first season with the Stars, the 41-year-old Jagr has 14 goals and 26 points.
• The Vancouver Canucks acquired center Derek Roy from the Stars to add some much-needed depth at forward. The Canucks sent defenseman Kevin Connauton and a second-round pick to Dallas. Roy has four goals and 18 assists in 30 games this season. He previously spent eight seasons with the Buffalo Sabres, scoring 161 goals with 266 assists in 549 games.
• The Carolina Hurricanes acquired defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for former Penguins forward Adam Hall and a draft pick. The 32-year-old Bergeron led the Lightning's defensemen with 24 points, including nine on the power play, last season and has one goal and four assists this year.
• The Washington Capitals re-signed defenseman Jack Hillen to a two-year, $1.4 million contract extension. Hillen will earn $700,000 in both the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons. He has been a regular in the lineup since missing 25 games this year with an upper body injury.
• Columbus Blue Jackets center Mark Letestu signed a two-year contract extension. Letestu, 28, has 20 goals and 24 assists for 44 points in 85 games since joining the Blue Jackets in a trade with the Penguins in November 2011.
• Minnesota Wild center Matt Cullen will miss at least the next two games because of an unspecified lower-body injury.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.