NHL notebook: Bruins pick up Jagr from Stars
• The Boston Bruins acquired Jaromir Jagr from the Dallas Stars, hoping the 10th-leading goal scorer in NHL history can improve their shaky offense. Jagr for two prospects, forwards Lane MacDermid and Cody Payne, and a conditional second-round pick in this year's draft. In his first season with the Stars, the 41-year-old Jagr has 14 goals and 26 points.
• The Vancouver Canucks acquired center Derek Roy from the Stars to add some much-needed depth at forward. The Canucks sent defenseman Kevin Connauton and a second-round pick to Dallas. Roy has four goals and 18 assists in 30 games this season. He previously spent eight seasons with the Buffalo Sabres, scoring 161 goals with 266 assists in 549 games.
• The Carolina Hurricanes acquired defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for former Penguins forward Adam Hall and a draft pick. The 32-year-old Bergeron led the Lightning's defensemen with 24 points, including nine on the power play, last season and has one goal and four assists this year.
• The Washington Capitals re-signed defenseman Jack Hillen to a two-year, $1.4 million contract extension. Hillen will earn $700,000 in both the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons. He has been a regular in the lineup since missing 25 games this year with an upper body injury.
• Columbus Blue Jackets center Mark Letestu signed a two-year contract extension. Letestu, 28, has 20 goals and 24 assists for 44 points in 85 games since joining the Blue Jackets in a trade with the Penguins in November 2011.
• Minnesota Wild center Matt Cullen will miss at least the next two games because of an unspecified lower-body injury.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD
- Sony hack signals new, public front in cyber warfare
- Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- South Fayette football team distributes Steelers tickets to Carlynton, Wilkinsburg
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents