Flyers down Canadiens, 5-3
PHILADELPHIA — Wayne Simmonds and Erik Bustafsson scored goals late in the third period to lift the Philadelphia Flyers to a 5-3 win over the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night.
The Flyers were 1-11 when trailing after two periods.
Trailing 3-2, Simmonds tipped in the puck from the crease for the tying goal. Less than 2 minutes later, Bustafsson's pass for Matt Read went off a defenseman and into the net past a stunned Carey Price for his 10th goal and a 4-3 lead.
Jakub Voracek scored an empty-netter with 39 seconds left.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin volleyball team wins 1st match in Class AA
- Rams cruise as soccer launches section play
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- Playoff losses motivate West Mifflin boys soccer
- Bell Township museum delighted to receive WWI uniform of prominent native son
- Principals question role of test scores in new evaluation process
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount