Flyers down Canadiens, 5-3
PHILADELPHIA — Wayne Simmonds and Erik Bustafsson scored goals late in the third period to lift the Philadelphia Flyers to a 5-3 win over the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night.
The Flyers were 1-11 when trailing after two periods.
Trailing 3-2, Simmonds tipped in the puck from the crease for the tying goal. Less than 2 minutes later, Bustafsson's pass for Matt Read went off a defenseman and into the net past a stunned Carey Price for his 10th goal and a 4-3 lead.
Jakub Voracek scored an empty-netter with 39 seconds left.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Legally blind Pirates fan hangs on every play, has kept score for decades
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Penguins forward Megna’s skill set might be perfect fit
- Teachers’ roles evolve as districts rely more on computers
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo hopes to give team physical edge
- Fans sporting black and gold show up for Steelers game in Charlotte
- Pitt professor’s UV technology destined for Mars in 2020
- State Dems take back seat to political committee in gubernatorial election
- Amid tears, but with resolve, Oakmont church members vow to rebuild from fire
- Health department sets 1st of 13 public meetings