Upper St. Clair native named OHL's outstanding player
Vince Trocheck of Upper St. Clair has won the Red Tilson Trophy as outstanding player for the Ontario Hockey League.
Trocheck led the OHL with 50 goals and 109 points in 63 games with Plymouth, and his plus-49 rating also paced that league.
Trocheck, a forward, is the second consecutive Western Pennsylvania product to win the Tilson Trophy. Goalie Michael Houser of Wexford won it last season with London.
On Monday, Chicago Blackhawks forward Brandon Saad of Gibsonia became the first Western Pennsylvania-born player to be nominated for a major NHL award when he was named a finalist for the Calder Trophy (top rookie).
Four local players were part of the Team USA squad that won the most recent World Junior Championship. Trocheck was a member of that squad.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- 2 cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- Steelers extend Suisham’s contract through 2018
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Turbine sites near properties in Fayette County threatened
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- LaBar: Big week for future of WWE & TNA
- Search resumes for Tarentum Bridge jumper
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor