Upper St. Clair native named OHL's outstanding player
Vince Trocheck of Upper St. Clair has won the Red Tilson Trophy as outstanding player for the Ontario Hockey League.
Trocheck led the OHL with 50 goals and 109 points in 63 games with Plymouth, and his plus-49 rating also paced that league.
Trocheck, a forward, is the second consecutive Western Pennsylvania product to win the Tilson Trophy. Goalie Michael Houser of Wexford won it last season with London.
On Monday, Chicago Blackhawks forward Brandon Saad of Gibsonia became the first Western Pennsylvania-born player to be nominated for a major NHL award when he was named a finalist for the Calder Trophy (top rookie).
Four local players were part of the Team USA squad that won the most recent World Junior Championship. Trocheck was a member of that squad.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Port Vue upgrades office equipment
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’
- Former Steelers doctor loses bid for Miranda protection
- Google Chromebooks, apps transform instruction at Knoch High School