Roy rumored to be Avalanche's new coach
Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic formed a productive partnership on the ice during their playing days, leading the Colorado Avalanche to two Stanley Cup titles.
Now, Avalanche fans are hoping they're reunited again to steer the franchise back to the glory days. According to reports, the Hall of Fame goaltender possibly could be in line to become the next coach.
Roy's younger brother, Stephane Roy, posted on Facebook late Monday night that his brother would be the new coach.
Stephane Roy later told The Denver Post: “They're discussing the final details of an arrangement.”
The organization remained silent on the report, saying in an email to the Associated Press on Tuesday that the Avs, “won't comment on any speculation on this issue.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Early shoppers jam local stores
- Hong Kong protest leader Wong an unlikely icon
- Book details Steelers’ history in black and white
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Dozens killed in bombing attack on Nigerian mosque
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- South Allegheny girls basketball team will rotate two lineups
- Mars students learn about conservation by raising trout
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- Penn State mens basketball wins fourth in a row, improves to 6-1
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters