Dallas acquires Sergei Gonchar from Ottawa
DALLAS — The Dallas Stars acquired defenseman Sergei Gonchar from Ottawa on Friday for a conditional sixth-round draft pick this year.
Gonchar had 15 goals and 76 assists in 186 games over three seasons for the Senators. He led Ottawa defensemen in scoring with 27 points — three goals and 24 assists — this season, the last of a three-year, $16.5 million contract.
The 39-year-old Gonchar, set to become an unrestricted free agent July 5, has 217 goals and 558 assists in 1,117 games over 18 seasons. The Russian spent his first nine seasons with Washington and also played for Boston and the Penguins.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- McKeesport home invasion sends people to hospital
- Confident rookie quarterback Manziel erratic early with Browns
- Construction of $500M power plant in South Huntingdon stalled
- Observers mixed on grid backup amid carbon rules, natural gas uncertainty
- Home sellers are able to remain mum about violent crimes committed there
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Former Gateway coach Smith is ‘perfect fit’ for Penn State football staff
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Century Town Homes residents, Clairton officials frustrated