Flyers acquire defenseman Streit from Islanders
PHILADELPHIA — The Philadelphia Flyers acquired defenseman Mark Streit from the New York Islanders on Wednesday for minor-league forward Shane Harper and a fourth-round pick in 2014.
Streit, the Islanders' captain, has 65 goals and 288 points in 491 regular-season NHL games and is a sharp, left-handed shot from the blue line that is much needed as Philadelphia reshapes its roster.
Streit, though, is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent July 5, meaning he can sign anywhere. But the Flyers now own his rights until then and can negotiate a new deal with him exclusively until that time.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Port Vue upgrades office equipment
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Google Chromebooks, apps transform instruction at Knoch High School
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’
- Schools converge for Armstrong County Marching Band Festival
- State agency honors Manorville man for hooking up kids with fishing gear
- Rayburn offices moving to regular business hours