NHL notebook: Agent says 3 teams interested in signing Jagr
Jaromir Jagr wants to extend his NHL career, and his agent said teams are “very interested” in his 41-year-old client.
Jagr might have to wait a while, and the league's active scoring leader might not be the only free agent without a new job this weekend.
“He definitely still wants to play and there is some interest in him,” Jagr's agent, Petr Svoboda, told The Associated Press on Saturday afternoon. “I think it's going to take some time, but you never know for sure because there are three teams that are very interested.”
Svoboda declined to say which teams wanted to sign Jagr.
Jagr, a five-time scoring champion and former NHL MVP, was able to continue his career in the league during the shortened season when the Dallas Stars gave him a $4.55 million, one-year contract last summer.
Sabres sign defenseman Sulzer
The Buffalo Sabres have signed defenseman Alexander Sulzer to a one-year contract. The 29-year-old German had three goals and one assist in 17 games with Buffalo before suffering a knee injury Feb. 23. He has seven goals and 20 points in 106 career NHL games for Buffalo, Vancouver, Florida and Nashville.
Blues add Roy
Derek Roy agreed to terms on a one-year, $4 million deal with the Blues, pending a physical for the veteran forward.
The 30-year-old Roy split last season between the Stars and Canucks and finished with seven goals and 21 assists. The 5-foot-9 playmaker spent the bulk of his NHL career with the Buffalo Sabres, with whom he had a career-high 81 points in the 2007-08 season.
Oilers re-sign forward Jones
The Edmonton Oilers re-signed gritty forward Ryan Jones to a one-year contract.
The 29-year-old Jones has 52 goals, 42 assists and 141 penalty minutes in 282 regular-season games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Temple dumps SAT, ACT scores from application process
- U.S. Steel looks to expand its Research & Technology Center in Munhall
- Surprise! Lee Supply will play for Grebb girls’ title
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Home invasion reported in Tarentum
- Wiz Khalifa’s life not the same, but he’s still having fun
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Vanaski: Rocco deserves same respect human officer would receive