• Rangers captain Ryan Callahan is sidelined again, this time because of a broken thumb. Callahan, who missed the season opener while recovering from shoulder surgery, will be out three to four weeks, the Rangers said Thursday. Callahan was injured in New York's 2-0 win at Washington on Wednesday night, in which he scored his third goal of the season — all in the past two games. He has played in five games for the Rangers (2-4). New York recalled forward Darroll Powe and goalie Jason Missiaen from Hartford of the AHL and assigned goalie Cam Talbot back to Hartford.
• Sabres forward Patrick Kaleta is appealing a 10-game suspension the NHL issued for an illegal check to the head of Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson last week. The appeal was filed Wednesday evening by the NHL Players' Association on the player's behalf. The league hasn't yet announced when the appeal will be heard. If the suspension is upheld, Kaleta would have the option to take his case to neutral discipline arbitrator James Oldham. Kaleta will have served four games of the suspension after sitting out Buffalo's home game against Vancouver on Thursday.
• Blues forward Maxim Lapierre is scheduled for an in-person sitdown at the NHL Department of Player Safety on Friday. He accepted the invitation under a collective bargaining agreement provision that affords players the opportunity for a face-to-face hearing for suspensions that might exceed five games. Lapierre must sit out pending the hearing. Under review is the major penalty for checking Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle behind the play in Tuesday's game at Scottrade Center.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.