• Defenseman Roman Hamrlik retired after a 20-year NHL career. The three-time All-Star was drafted first overall by Tampa Bay in 1992. He played 1,395 games in the regular season and 113 in the playoffs with the Lightning, Oilers, Islanders, Flames, Canadiens, Capitals and Rangers. From Zlin, Czech Republic, Hamrlik had 155 goals and 483 assists for 638 points while averaging more than 23 minutes in ice time. “As a kid growing up in communist Czechoslovakia, I never imagined that I would one day have the opportunity to play in the National Hockey League,” the 39-year-old Hamrlik said in a statement Monday. An All-Star in 1996, 1999 and 2003, he helped the Czech Republic win the gold medal at the 1998 Nagano Olympics.
• Avalanche forward Cody McLeod was suspended five games by the NHL for his hit along the boards on Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall last week. Kronwall was carried off the ice on a stretcher early in the first period after being rammed into the boards in the Red Wings' 4-2 win last Thursday. He suffered a concussion and cuts to the ear. The suspension will cost McLeod $29,487, with the money going to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
• Islanders forward Michael Grabner was suspended for two games by the NHL for an illegal check to the head of Hurricanes forward Nathan Gerbe during Saturday's game, the league said.
• Canadiens winger Brandon Prust will be sidelined for four weeks by a right shoulder injury, the team said. Prust was hurt in Saturday's 2-1 loss to the Predators when he crashed hard into the boards in the third period.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.