• Veteran defenseman Adrian Aucoin is retiring after 17 seasons in the NHL. The 40-year-old Aucoin, who played last season for the Blue Jackets, recorded 121 goals and 278 assists in 1,108 NHL games. He also played for the Canucks, Lightning, Islanders, Blackhawks, Flames and Coyotes. Aucoin scored his first NHL goal on his first shot in his first regular-season game May 3, 1995. He played for Boston University and was drafted by the Canucks 117th overall in 1992.
• Rick Nash was back in the Rangers' lineup after the star forward missed 17 games because of a concussion. Nash passed his final test Tuesday when he skated with his teammates before their game against the Bruins. Nash was skating — mostly on his own — the past two weeks after his symptoms subsided.
• The NHL's 2014 Winter Classic officially is sold out. NHL and Red Wings executives made the announcement Tuesday, saying some single tickets are available. The Red Wings and Maple Leafs are expected play in front of 107,000-plus people on New Year's Day at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor.
• Hurricanes forward Alexander Semin is out indefinitely with a concussion, coach Kirk Muller said. Semin was injured Saturday during the Hurricanes' 4-2 loss to the Blues on a hit by Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo. Semin returned to the ice briefly after the hit but left the game for good in the second period. The 29-year-old was out of the lineup Monday against the Bruins. Semin has three goals and six assists in 20 games this season.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.