NHL notebook: Kings' Quick will be out until at least Christmas
• Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick will be out of the lineup until Christmas at the earliest, general manager Dean Lombardi said. Quick has not practiced or played since suffering a Grade 2 groin strain against the Sabres on Nov. 12.
• The Red Wings have taken a big hit on their blue line. Defenseman Danny DeKeyser is expected to be out for at least three to four weeks with a separated left shoulder. The team doesn't expect him to need surgery. DeKeyser was hurt early in Tuesday night's 2-0 loss to the Predators. DeKeyser ranks among rookie leaders with seven assists and has scored two goals.
• The NHL has blocked the Sabres' bid to send rookie center Mikhail Grigorenko to the minors on a conditioning assignment. The decision came a day after Grigorenko was among three rookies assigned to AHL Rochester. Under league rules, teams are allowed to assign players on conditioning stints lasting no more than 14 days. The Sabres must choose between keeping the 19-year-old in Buffalo or returning Grigorenko to his Canadian junior team in Quebec.
• Former NFL star quarterback Joe Theismann is offering advice to help Lightning star Steven Stamkos, who suffered a broken tibia by crashing into a goal post. Theismann suffered one of the most gruesome injuries when he broke his leg on “Monday Night Football” at the hands of a Lawrence Taylor sack. Stamkos is expected to return at some point this season. Some feel he may even be ready for the Olympics.
— From wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reissue of book of album covers by Andy Warhol shows many sides of his art
- Dollars and sense: High cost of child care keeps many out of work force
- Woman ‘critical’ from fall on Harmar riverbank
- Pirates third baseman Ramirez’s last ride is about winning a ring
- Former Cal U football player cleared of assault charges sues university, police, prosecutor
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger desires to be ‘Pittsburgh guy’
- Federal judge rules oil and gas lease for Washington County tract is valid
- Watering that garden right during summer’s high temperatures makes a difference
- Pa. House speaker says overriding Wolf’s budget veto ‘an option’
- Penguins to appear on national TV 18 times in 2015-16
- Higher hotel tax will benefit Pittsburgh