• Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick will be out of the lineup until Christmas at the earliest, general manager Dean Lombardi said. Quick has not practiced or played since suffering a Grade 2 groin strain against the Sabres on Nov. 12.
• The Red Wings have taken a big hit on their blue line. Defenseman Danny DeKeyser is expected to be out for at least three to four weeks with a separated left shoulder. The team doesn't expect him to need surgery. DeKeyser was hurt early in Tuesday night's 2-0 loss to the Predators. DeKeyser ranks among rookie leaders with seven assists and has scored two goals.
• The NHL has blocked the Sabres' bid to send rookie center Mikhail Grigorenko to the minors on a conditioning assignment. The decision came a day after Grigorenko was among three rookies assigned to AHL Rochester. Under league rules, teams are allowed to assign players on conditioning stints lasting no more than 14 days. The Sabres must choose between keeping the 19-year-old in Buffalo or returning Grigorenko to his Canadian junior team in Quebec.
• Former NFL star quarterback Joe Theismann is offering advice to help Lightning star Steven Stamkos, who suffered a broken tibia by crashing into a goal post. Theismann suffered one of the most gruesome injuries when he broke his leg on “Monday Night Football” at the hands of a Lawrence Taylor sack. Stamkos is expected to return at some point this season. Some feel he may even be ready for the Olympics.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.