NHL notebook: Ducks acquire winger Jackman from Flames
• The Ducks acquired right wing Tim Jackman from the Flames for a sixth-round pick in the 2014 draft. Jackman has one goal and 41 penalty minutes in 10 games for Calgary this season. The 32-year-old North Dakota native has spent parts of 10 seasons in the NHL with five clubs, including the New York Islanders, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Columbus.
• Winnipeg fans who were hoping to have a little fun at the expense of the Blackhawks Thursday night were denied, CBC news reported. Fans planned to wear helmets to the game to mock Blackhawks fans' behavior in a game earlier this season in Chicago. In that game, Jets defenseman Adam Pardy was hit into the boards, knocking out the protective glass. A fan grabbed Pardy's helmet and put it on his own head. Another fan then appeared to pour a cup of beer on Pardy. Mark Chipman, president and CEO of True North Sports and Entertainment, put the kibosh on the idea copycat fans hatched.
The Avalanche will be without leading scorer Matt Duchene a while longer. The Denver Post reports that the 22-year-old had a setback to his oblique injury while skating on Wednesday morning. The forward did not go on Colorado's two-game road trip that began Thursday in Phoenix.
•The Blackhawks welcomed Marian Hossa back to the lineup against the Jets Thursday after he missed three games with a lower-body injury. Hossa participated in the morning skate and said he felt fit for game action against Winnipeg, NHL.com reported.
• Hurricanes forward Jeff Skinner was activated after missing 11 games with an upper-body injury. He was activated off injured reserve. Meanwhile, Alexander Semin was placed on injured reserve because of a concussion.
— Staff and wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police investigate assault of man, 38
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steel Valley may be focus of study
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters after victory
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- ‘Ambitious’ emissions cuts to be sought
- Identities oftheft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Red Wings beat Penguins, 2-1, in preseason opener
- Sears leaving Century III after 3 decades in West Mifflin
- Pitt’s potent rushing attack could slow down the passing game