NHL notebook: Ducks acquire winger Jackman from Flames
• The Ducks acquired right wing Tim Jackman from the Flames for a sixth-round pick in the 2014 draft. Jackman has one goal and 41 penalty minutes in 10 games for Calgary this season. The 32-year-old North Dakota native has spent parts of 10 seasons in the NHL with five clubs, including the New York Islanders, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Columbus.
• Winnipeg fans who were hoping to have a little fun at the expense of the Blackhawks Thursday night were denied, CBC news reported. Fans planned to wear helmets to the game to mock Blackhawks fans' behavior in a game earlier this season in Chicago. In that game, Jets defenseman Adam Pardy was hit into the boards, knocking out the protective glass. A fan grabbed Pardy's helmet and put it on his own head. Another fan then appeared to pour a cup of beer on Pardy. Mark Chipman, president and CEO of True North Sports and Entertainment, put the kibosh on the idea copycat fans hatched.
The Avalanche will be without leading scorer Matt Duchene a while longer. The Denver Post reports that the 22-year-old had a setback to his oblique injury while skating on Wednesday morning. The forward did not go on Colorado's two-game road trip that began Thursday in Phoenix.
•The Blackhawks welcomed Marian Hossa back to the lineup against the Jets Thursday after he missed three games with a lower-body injury. Hossa participated in the morning skate and said he felt fit for game action against Winnipeg, NHL.com reported.
• Hurricanes forward Jeff Skinner was activated after missing 11 games with an upper-body injury. He was activated off injured reserve. Meanwhile, Alexander Semin was placed on injured reserve because of a concussion.
— Staff and wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apple Hill Playhouse takes on an updated ‘Snow White’
- Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville all-stars advance
- Kittanning’s Keibler, Freeport’s Kelley named Leader Times Baseball, Softball Players of the Year
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- Greensburg woman has a lifetime of hosting foreign exchange students
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- Springdale counters despair with ‘HOPE’
- Don’t remove history’s lessons
- New Deer Lakes boys basketball coach Parham is eager to get going
- Westmoreland Cultural Trust moves to next phase of Palace capital campaign