NHL notebook: NHL, Rogers announce 12-year Canadian deal
The NHL announced a 12-year deal with Rogers Communications for broadcast and multimedia rights, reportedly worth $5.2 billion Canadian. Rogers will have all of the national NHL rights in Canada from the 2014-15 season through 2025-26, with TSN losing the NHL after this season.
Hurricanes forward Kevin Westgarth was suspended two games without pay for boarding the Senators' Mark Borowiecki on Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Carnegie Mellon University picks architect for business school
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Labor United Celebration draws 25,000 to Northmoreland Park
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game