NHL notebook: Red Wings, Ericsson agree on deal
The Detroit Red Wings signed defenseman Jonathan Ericsson to a $25.5 million, six-year contract Wednesday to keep him off the market in July.
Detroit drafted Ericsson with the last pick in the 2002 NHL draft, 291st overall.
The 29-year-old Ericsson had 13 points — two shy of his career high — in 45 games last season during the lockout-shortened slate.
Lupul out 2 weeks
Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul will be out for about two weeks.
Lupul has a grade-two groin strain. He was injured during Monday's 6-0 loss to the Blue Jackets.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- Grand jury report says Western Psych failed to cooperate with police
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances, police say
- Killer sharks are taking over the air, and the airwaves
- Pirates notebook: Mercer welcomes chance in No. 2 spot
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Sewickley Township man got food stamps, $206K in gas well royalties, investigators say
- Police say naked woman stabs three women during street fight in McKees Rocks
- Hiring in shale industry shifts to skilled workers