NHL notebook: Red Wings, Ericsson agree on deal
The Detroit Red Wings signed defenseman Jonathan Ericsson to a $25.5 million, six-year contract Wednesday to keep him off the market in July.
Detroit drafted Ericsson with the last pick in the 2002 NHL draft, 291st overall.
The 29-year-old Ericsson had 13 points — two shy of his career high — in 45 games last season during the lockout-shortened slate.
Lupul out 2 weeks
Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul will be out for about two weeks.
Lupul has a grade-two groin strain. He was injured during Monday's 6-0 loss to the Blue Jackets.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- No bitter brew for Mercer over reduced playing time after injury
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Pirates notebook: 6 September call-ups include first-timer Diaz
- ‘Cadillac tax’ hangs over insurance costs
- Youngstown State seeks repeat performance against Pitt
- Tomlin: Steelers were prepared for Bryant suspension as far back as draft
- 2-year-old boy shot, killed in North Side
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- World War II ship welcomed by cheers in Ambridge
- Bomb squad investigating suspicious package at Murrysville Post Office
- Hungary bars migrants from trains, raising fears they’ll turn to smugglers