NHL notebook: Sabres goalie, LaFontaine talking
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller said Friday he and team president Pat LaFontaine have had “exploratory” talks about the team's future.
Miller is due to become an unrestricted free agent after the season.
• Predators captain Shea Weber is skating again and wearing a visor after he took a puck to the face. He was unable to see the night of Nov. 28 after the play.
• The Blackhawks dealt Kyle Beach, a first-round pick (11th overall) in 2008 to the Rangers for forward Brandon Mashinter. Beach, 23, never has played in an NHL game.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- McCandless to buy back property for $250K
- Council approves new rifles for Aspinwall police officers
- Bethel Park students record books for hospital
- What to know before you have a plumbing emergency
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Seven Springs, Hidden Valley ski resorts open today
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run