• Jay Feaster was fired as general manager of the Flames on Thursday, with the team in next-to-last place in the Western Conference. Assistant GM John Weisbrod also was let go. Brian Burke, the team's president of hockey operations, will serve as acting general manager. Burke said the moves were needed to get the franchise back on track toward a championship. “I wouldn't have come here if that wasn't the ultimate goal,” he said. Burke was hired by the Flames in early September. Calgary took an 11-15-4 record into Thursday night's home game against the Hurricanes.
• The Hurricanes have activated forward Alexander Semin from injured reserve. Semin was in the lineup for Thursday night's at Calgary. Semin missed 12 games with a concussion suffered Nov. 16 at St. Louis. At the time of his injury, he shared the team lead with six assists and was tied for second with nine points.
• A group wants Columbus, Ohio, residents to vote on whether the city should be paying for the Blue Jackets' home arena, and it has collected enough signatures to get the issue on the May ballot. That means voters will be asked whether to end the city's purchase contract for Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets.
• Coyotes captain Shane Doan remains out, though the exact issue keeping him off the ice hasn't been revealed. Coach Dave Tippett said it could keep the Coyotes' leading scorer out for a while. “He's still under the weather, and he's still not going to be available for the foreseeable future,” Tippett said, according to NHL.com. “He's still getting some tests done.”
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.