NHL notebook: Oilers trade goaltender LaBarbera to Blackhawks
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, 7:57 p.m.
The Oilers traded goalie Jason LaBarbera to the Blackhawks on Saturday for future considerations. He will be assigned to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
The 33-year-old LaBarbera appeared in seven games this season with Edmonton, going 1-3-0 with a 3.28 goals-against average.
LaBarbera has a 60-73-19 career record with six shutouts and a 2.86 GAA.
Maple Leafs forward suspended
Maple Leafs forward David Clarkson was suspended for two games without pay by the NHL for an illegal check to St. Louis forward Vladimir Sobotka's head. Clarkson was assessed a minor penalty Thursday night in Toronto's loss in St. Louis. Clarkson, a repeat offender under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, will forfeit $128,049.
Sabres recall left wing
The Sabres recalled left wing Matt Ellis from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Ellis steps into the roster for Sabres leading scorer Cody Hodgson, who missed his second straight game with a lower-body injury.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crash victim dies day after ‘horrific’ wreck in Armstrong County
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Rice cornerback among 3 draft prospects to visit Steelers
- Kovacevic: Panic over Pirates? In April?
- LaBar: WWE needs to be careful with Cesaro plans
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Deer Lakes Park drilling debate veers into ethics complaint
- Man found shot twice, dead in Larimer
- Penguins’ Bylsma and Blue Jackets’ Richards know each other well
- Connellsville starting early planning for Christmas
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital