NHL notebook: Oilers trade goaltender LaBarbera to Blackhawks
The Oilers traded goalie Jason LaBarbera to the Blackhawks on Saturday for future considerations. He will be assigned to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
The 33-year-old LaBarbera appeared in seven games this season with Edmonton, going 1-3-0 with a 3.28 goals-against average.
LaBarbera has a 60-73-19 career record with six shutouts and a 2.86 GAA.
Maple Leafs forward suspended
Maple Leafs forward David Clarkson was suspended for two games without pay by the NHL for an illegal check to St. Louis forward Vladimir Sobotka's head. Clarkson was assessed a minor penalty Thursday night in Toronto's loss in St. Louis. Clarkson, a repeat offender under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, will forfeit $128,049.
Sabres recall left wing
The Sabres recalled left wing Matt Ellis from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Ellis steps into the roster for Sabres leading scorer Cody Hodgson, who missed his second straight game with a lower-body injury.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- 5 arrested on firearm, drug charges in Spring Hill
- Boy with fake gun dies after being shot by Cleveland cop
- Derry water outage may be resolved by 5 p.m. Sunday, authority says
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- 153-year-old Venango well pumps out oil, history
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Knoch’s new wrestling coach working hard to build foundation for program
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration