NHL notebook: Oilers trade goaltender LaBarbera to Blackhawks
The Oilers traded goalie Jason LaBarbera to the Blackhawks on Saturday for future considerations. He will be assigned to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
The 33-year-old LaBarbera appeared in seven games this season with Edmonton, going 1-3-0 with a 3.28 goals-against average.
LaBarbera has a 60-73-19 career record with six shutouts and a 2.86 GAA.
Maple Leafs forward suspended
Maple Leafs forward David Clarkson was suspended for two games without pay by the NHL for an illegal check to St. Louis forward Vladimir Sobotka's head. Clarkson was assessed a minor penalty Thursday night in Toronto's loss in St. Louis. Clarkson, a repeat offender under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, will forfeit $128,049.
Sabres recall left wing
The Sabres recalled left wing Matt Ellis from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Ellis steps into the roster for Sabres leading scorer Cody Hodgson, who missed his second straight game with a lower-body injury.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- TJ roll to 4th straight win, rout Elizabeth Forward
- Chamber lends support to bike event
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- North Versailles restaurant, dance studio damaged in crash
- McKeesport men jailed following high-speed chase
- Monument to Steel Valley Korean War hero relocated
- East Allegheny releases teacher salary figures
- Ringgold rolls over West Mifflin
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling