NHL notebook: Blues, Steen agree to new deal
St. Louis Blues forward Alexander Steen agreed to terms on a three-year, $17.4 million contract extension Wednesday.
The 29-year-old Steen is having the best season of his career with 22 goals and 36 points in 33 games.
• The Blue Jackets placed defenseman Dalton Prout on injured reserve because of an upper-body injury that likely will sideline him for two to three weeks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 2 sought in afternoon Monongahela armed robbery
- Wilkinsburg minister raided for drugs and guns, charged with 18 felonies
- Plum superintendent says lack of school tip line was ‘oversight’
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Photo gallery: Penn Hills Habitat for Humanity project
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Fayette County officer pleads guilty to punching man
- Seneca Valley’s Wahlstrom caps career at WPIAL tourney
- Seneca Valley golfers close season at host invitational
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field