NHL notebook: Blues, Steen agree to new deal
St. Louis Blues forward Alexander Steen agreed to terms on a three-year, $17.4 million contract extension Wednesday.
The 29-year-old Steen is having the best season of his career with 22 goals and 36 points in 33 games.
• The Blue Jackets placed defenseman Dalton Prout on injured reserve because of an upper-body injury that likely will sideline him for two to three weeks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Express E-ZPass lanes to close briefly at Route 43 on turnpike
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- Pittsburgh Public Schools students with toy guns on bus face disciplinary action
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- La. GOP asks for ethics probe of Landrieu’s flights
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- WVU notebook: Holgorsen expects similar effort