NHL notebook: Blues, Steen agree to new deal
St. Louis Blues forward Alexander Steen agreed to terms on a three-year, $17.4 million contract extension Wednesday.
The 29-year-old Steen is having the best season of his career with 22 goals and 36 points in 33 games.
• The Blue Jackets placed defenseman Dalton Prout on injured reserve because of an upper-body injury that likely will sideline him for two to three weeks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Clairton City School District directors cap possible 2015-16 tax hike at 3 percent
- Ford City waiting on road salt as storm blows in
- Steel Valley school directors honor new San Francisco 49ers head coach Tomsula
- Wintry mix makes for slick roads in Armstrong County
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Klingensmith’s Drug Stores offers monthly supply of vitamins to families who enroll children
- Judge orders nonprofit tax form release in case against IRS
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Twin Rivers Intermediate students in McKeesport get hands-on science lessons