NHL notebook: Blues, Steen agree to new deal
St. Louis Blues forward Alexander Steen agreed to terms on a three-year, $17.4 million contract extension Wednesday.
The 29-year-old Steen is having the best season of his career with 22 goals and 36 points in 33 games.
• The Blue Jackets placed defenseman Dalton Prout on injured reserve because of an upper-body injury that likely will sideline him for two to three weeks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- Another broken promise: ObamaCare in the ER
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- Woman, dog rescued at Harrison Hills
- Consistency keeps Cellone’s Bakery customers coming back
- Foes of South Huntingdon gas-fired plant fight approval
- Steel Valley softball gets 3rd try at Seton-La Salle
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- EPA to release biofuels proposal by June 1