Concussion symptoms sideline Stars' Gonchar
The Dallas Stars placed defenseman Sergei Gonchar on the injured list and activated Aaron Rome to take his place.
Gonchar, 39, has been out with concussion-like symptoms since he was hit by a puck Dec. 21 against San Jose. He has 12 points in 35 games.
• Carolina Hurricanes forward Jiri Tlusty will miss two to three weeks after having his appendix removed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Pirates manage to stumble on the bases in bid for sweep of Giants
- Pittsburgh Public Safety Director Bucar upset with DA Zappala for alert
- Blairsville bar, adjacent building on fire
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Former Shady Side Academy standout set to take field for Pitt