• The Sabres narrowed their general manager search to four candidates, including Bruins assistant GM Jim Benning and Senators assistant GM Tim Murray, a person familiar with the process told the Associated Press on Tuesday. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the Sabres have not revealed their list of candidates to succeed Darcy Regier, who was fired in November. The two other finalists were not revealed. Another candidate linked to the job is Maple Leafs assistant GM Claude Loiselle.
• The Hurricanes have been shut down by a blizzard. The NHL postponed the game scheduled for Tuesday night in Buffalo between the Sabres and Carolina because of a snowstorm in western New York. A makeup date has not been determined. The postponement comes with Buffalo dealing with a wintry blast of near-zero temperatures. The last time the Sabres had a game postponed was at Buffalo against New Jersey on Dec. 6, 2000.
• Blackhawks goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin had surgery Tuesday to repair a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder and will be out 4-5 months. The Blackhawks called the surgery successful. Team Dr. Michael Terry says the injury was becoming problematic, but a full recovering is expected. The 40-year-old Khabibulin has played in four games with the Blackhawks this season (1-0-1).
• Sharks forward Logan Couture will undergo surgery Wednesday for an upper-body injury. General manager Doug Wilson said Tuesday that Couture has been playing with the injury for several weeks and decided to have surgery when it did not respond as hoped.
• The Canadiens announced that center Alex Galchenyuk will miss the next six weeks with a broken hand.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.