NHL notebook: Snow postpones Hurricanes-Flyers game
The Flyers postponed Tuesday night's game against the Hurricanes because of a Northeast snowstorm.
The game will be played at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Wells Fargo Center. The Hurricanes already are scheduled to play Thursday and Friday nights. The Flyers play Thursday.
Wings' goalie out
Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard has been ruled out for at least a week after injuring his left knee again, putting his spot on the U.S. team for the Winter Olympics in doubt.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Small plane goes down near Grove City
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Route 22 accident in Monroeville causes traffic jam
- 1 hurt in Mt. Lebanon fire on Bower Hill Road
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Real estate executive Hanna’s gifts target needy Western Pa. families
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?