NHL notebook: Snow postpones Hurricanes-Flyers game
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, 10:27 p.m.
The Flyers postponed Tuesday night's game against the Hurricanes because of a Northeast snowstorm.
The game will be played at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Wells Fargo Center. The Hurricanes already are scheduled to play Thursday and Friday nights. The Flyers play Thursday.
Wings' goalie out
Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard has been ruled out for at least a week after injuring his left knee again, putting his spot on the U.S. team for the Winter Olympics in doubt.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins stave off Ducks’ shooting barrage to win in shootout
- Pirates seek to tap Alvarez’s remaining upside
- Steelers restructure Brown’s contract to become salary cap compliant
- Trade to Penguins caps frenetic period for winger Stempniak
- Greensburg woman accused of assaulting nurse in Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital
- Unity woman loses appeal of DUI conviction
- Gorman: Pitt should be happy with Dixon
- Penguins notebook: Maatta leaves lasting impression with Selanne
- Keisel might be at end of Steelers career
- Web of surveillance videos helps ensnare suspect in East Liberty slayings
- Burrell’s Edwards 1 of 4 WPIAL wrestlers to reach PIAA Class AA finals