NHL notebook: Snow postpones Hurricanes-Flyers game
The Flyers postponed Tuesday night's game against the Hurricanes because of a Northeast snowstorm.
The game will be played at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Wells Fargo Center. The Hurricanes already are scheduled to play Thursday and Friday nights. The Flyers play Thursday.
Wings' goalie out
Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard has been ruled out for at least a week after injuring his left knee again, putting his spot on the U.S. team for the Winter Olympics in doubt.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mon-Yough communities pick up litter, collect recyclables during Great American Cleanup
- Group strives to preserve memory of SS McKeesport
- McCain renews push to have military, not CIA, manage drone strikes
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season