Jagr ties Lemieux on for 10th on all-time assists list
NEWARK, N.J. — Jaromir Jagr set up two goals and tied former Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux for 10th on the NHL's career assists list Friday as the New Jersey Devils beat Washington, 2-1, handing the fading Capitals their seventh straight loss.
Stephen Gionta and Adam Henrique scored, and Cory Schneider continued his stellar play in net, stopping 30 shots to give New Jersey its second straight win.
The two assists for Jagr, 41, gave him 1,033 in his 20-year NHL career. He is seven behind Marcel Dionne for the ninth.
Jason Chimera scored for the Capitals, whose seven-game slide is their longest since late 2010.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Center celebrates 50 years
- Elizabeth Township Commissioners approve phone system upgrade
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School