Blackhawks' Hossa injured in game versus Penguins
Blackhawks right wing Marian Hossa suffered an upper-body injury Saturday during Chicago's 5-1 victory over the Penguins.
Coach Joel Quenneville said Hossa shouldn't be sidelined long-term.
Hossa, 35, was injured on a hit by the Penguins' Craig Adams with 6:48 left in the first period. Hossa didn't return to the game.
Hossa, who was a member of the Penguins when they lost to the Red Wings in the 2008 Stanley Cup Final, has 24 goals and 50 points in 56 games this season.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- Young adults drive home rental trend in Western Pennsylvania
- August Wilson Center’s financial woes leave little guys in a lurch
- Penguins confident Pouliot will be healthy, ready for camp
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line
- LaBar: Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts reportedly hospitalized
- Man stabbed to death outside North Side grocery
- Government approves compromise on Corbett’s alternative Medicaid plan
- New Ken-Arnold board asked to mediate between football groups
- Pitt senior Weatherspoon’s work ethic second to none