Florida Panthers call up Upper St. Clair's Trocheck
SAN JOSE, Calif. — All four Pittsburgh players drafted in 2011 have reached the NHL.
Upper St. Clair's Vince Trocheck was recalled by the Panthers and will make his debut Friday. Brandon Saad (Chicago), J.T. Miller (New York Rangers) and John Gibson (Anaheim) also have reached the NHL.
Trocheck replaces center Marcel Goc, who was acquired by the Penguins on Wednesday.
“I'm extremely excited,” Trocheck said. “This has been a dream of mine since I was a kid.”
— Josh Yohe
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- ESPN will air 2016 World Cup of Hockey
- NHL notebook: Blackhawks’ Kane goes on long-term IR
- NHL notebook: Pair of Avalanche players pick up fines
- NHL notebook: Blue Jackets’ Clarkson sidelined 4 to 6 weeks with torn oblique
- NHL notebook: Islanders sign Leddy to 7-year deal
- NHL notebook: Blackhawks acquire Kimmo Timonen
- NHL notebook: Blue Jackets activate former Penguin Gibbons, send him to minors
- NHL notebook: Senators defenseman suspended 3 games for late hit
- Bettman `intrigued’ by possible outdoor game at Beaver Stadium
- NHL notebook: Panthers swing deal to acquire veteran Jagr
- NHL notebook: Rangers boost ‘D’ by acquiring Yandle