NHL notebook: Red Wings recall Tootoo
The Red Wings recalled right wing Jordin Tootoo from the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.
Tootoo has played 10 games with Detroit this season. He has played 38 with the Griffins, scoring four goals with 10 assists for the AHL team.
Detroit plays at Chicago on Sunday in a rematch against the team that eliminated the Red Wings from last year's playoffs.
• James Reimer likely will start in goal for the Maple Leafs on Sunday when they face the Capitals. Jonathan Bernier left Thursday's game against the Kings with a lower-body injury and was replaced by Reimer, who stopped every shot he faced in the 3-2 victory.
• TSN reported the Jets can expect to be without goaltender Ondrej Pavelec for at least two games. Jets coach Paul Maurice said Al Montoya will start in goal against the Stars on Sunday. Pavelec suffered a lower-body injury after the first period of their 4-2 loss to the Rangers on Friday night.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NHL notebook: Red Wings sign former Caps defenseman Green
- Blackhawks star Saad’s still the one who got away for Penguins
- Blackhawks deal Gibsonia native Saad to Blue Jackets
- NHL notebook: 3-on-3 OT made official
- Lemieux’s son, Austin, drafted again
- Rossi: Bettman boo birds miss big picture
- Beaver County daughter, terminally ill mom bond through Penguins hockey
- NHL notebook: Kings terminate Richards’ contract