NHL notebook: Red Wings recall Tootoo
The Red Wings recalled right wing Jordin Tootoo from the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.
Tootoo has played 10 games with Detroit this season. He has played 38 with the Griffins, scoring four goals with 10 assists for the AHL team.
Detroit plays at Chicago on Sunday in a rematch against the team that eliminated the Red Wings from last year's playoffs.
• James Reimer likely will start in goal for the Maple Leafs on Sunday when they face the Capitals. Jonathan Bernier left Thursday's game against the Kings with a lower-body injury and was replaced by Reimer, who stopped every shot he faced in the 3-2 victory.
• TSN reported the Jets can expect to be without goaltender Ondrej Pavelec for at least two games. Jets coach Paul Maurice said Al Montoya will start in goal against the Stars on Sunday. Pavelec suffered a lower-body injury after the first period of their 4-2 loss to the Rangers on Friday night.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Rossi: Pirates foolish to bet on Burnett return
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Rain postpones Pirates-Cubs game
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- K-9 officer Blek chosen as grand marshal of Fort Ligonier Days parade
- Authorities identify 2 men killed in fiery crash in Pittsburgh
- Storms knock out power to thousands of customers in Western Pa.
- Spirit ending nonstop flights from Arnold Palmer Regional to Chicago, Las Vegas
- Doctors to be given star ratings on UPMC site
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine