NHL notebook: Red Wings forward Abdelkader sidelined after cutting leg
NHL.com reported Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader will miss two weeks after cutting his leg in Sunday's game against the Blackhawks. Abdelkader has eight goals and 16 assists in 62 games.
• Avalanche forward Paul Stastny returned to the lineup after missing four games with a back injury. He has 20 goals and 27 assists in 58 games.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Philly-area school district says it can’t make payroll amid budget stalemate
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- QB Vick hits ground running in debut
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- NFL notebook: Redskins torn over QB Griffin’s fate
- Pennsylvania welfare employees targeted in crackdown