NHL notebook: Future uncertain for 'Canes coach Muller
Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller said he has not been told by management whether he will keep his job.
“As of right now, I'm head coach of the Carolina Hurricanes,” Mueller said Wednesday.
Muller is 80-80-27 in three years with the Hurricanes. They've missed the playoffs in seven of the eight years since they won the Cup in 2006.
• The Jets confirmed Paul Maurice as their coach for the next four years. Maurice took the Jets to an 18-12-5 record over 35 games after Claude Noel was fired.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Dollars and sense: High cost of child care keeps many out of work force
- Reissue of book of album covers by Andy Warhol shows many sides of his art
- Woman hurt in fall from Harmar riverbank
- Federal judge rules oil and gas lease for Washington County tract is valid
- Former Cal U football player cleared of assault charges sues university, police, prosecutor
- Pa. House speaker says overriding Wolf’s budget veto ‘an option’
- Watering that garden right during summer’s high temperatures makes a difference
- Higher hotel tax will benefit Pittsburgh
- Rough ride for anti-Uber politicians
- Georgia judge says she did not involuntarily commit Louisiana movie theater gunman Houser
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger desires to be ‘Pittsburgh guy’