NHL notebook: Future uncertain for 'Canes coach Muller
Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller said he has not been told by management whether he will keep his job.
“As of right now, I'm head coach of the Carolina Hurricanes,” Mueller said Wednesday.
Muller is 80-80-27 in three years with the Hurricanes. They've missed the playoffs in seven of the eight years since they won the Cup in 2006.
• The Jets confirmed Paul Maurice as their coach for the next four years. Maurice took the Jets to an 18-12-5 record over 35 games after Claude Noel was fired.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lopsided loss to Eagles shows Steelers have issues aplenty
- Roundup: Keurig strikes deal with Kraft on coffee brands; more
- Harrison’s 5 RBIs help Pirates pound Brewers
- Steelers notebook: Keisel always hoped to return
- Mother Nature takes a swat at Western Pa. stink bugs
- Records: Steelers RB Bell admitted smoking pot before traffic stop but denied being high
- Hero Franklin Regional security guard out of work
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Sandusky cover-up case unusually shrouded
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Sanchez makes 1st start at first base with Indy
- New-Ken Arnold will have new-look school security