NHL notebook: Future uncertain for 'Canes coach Muller
Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller said he has not been told by management whether he will keep his job.
“As of right now, I'm head coach of the Carolina Hurricanes,” Mueller said Wednesday.
Muller is 80-80-27 in three years with the Hurricanes. They've missed the playoffs in seven of the eight years since they won the Cup in 2006.
• The Jets confirmed Paul Maurice as their coach for the next four years. Maurice took the Jets to an 18-12-5 record over 35 games after Claude Noel was fired.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Informant who believed life was in danger to testify
- State looks into UPMC complaint that Highmark violated agreement
- Pittsburgh poised to pay firm $250K to handle lawsuit over housing funds
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Quaker Valley names new high school principal
- Attorney General seeks halt in Conneaut Lake Park sheriff’s sale
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space