NHL notebook: Future uncertain for 'Canes coach Muller
Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller said he has not been told by management whether he will keep his job.
“As of right now, I'm head coach of the Carolina Hurricanes,” Mueller said Wednesday.
Muller is 80-80-27 in three years with the Hurricanes. They've missed the playoffs in seven of the eight years since they won the Cup in 2006.
• The Jets confirmed Paul Maurice as their coach for the next four years. Maurice took the Jets to an 18-12-5 record over 35 games after Claude Noel was fired.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Meteor lights up night sky above eastern U.S.
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Dorfman: Pluses and minuses in America’s 20 largest stocks
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Pitt football coach Chryst refutes analyst Wannstedt’s opinion
- Classical music crisis: Author says schools today aren’t building audiences
- Wheel separation incidents occasionally prove deadly; NTSB doesn’t track them
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Fracking not the problem, Ohio State scientist finds
- Kittanning high school roundup: Freeport volleyball topples North Allegheny
- Pa. Education Department attempts to block release of emails to Tomalis