• Bruins forward Milan Lucic said he has no plans to spear anyone else, which should come as a relief to the rest of the NHL. Lucic got away with the cheap shot of Friday's Game 1 when he stuck his stick between the legs of Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser and speared DeKeyser in the groin, without penalty. The NHL handed Lucic a $5,000 fine Saturday — half of the maximum allowed to a player — and Lucic, to his credit, sounded contrite. “It was kind of a heat of the moment thing when you're not thinking and you do something like that,” he said. “I've been in the league for seven years, and I think I've only done that three times. I don't know why I did it. I believe in playing within the rules, and for me, I definitely won't be heading down that road again.”
• NHL.com reported Bruins defensemen Matt Bartkowski and Kevan Miller, both of whom had the flu, practiced Saturday. Bartkowski practiced for the first time on the ice in a week, and Miller participated in his second practice in the past seven days. Coach Claude Julien said he didn't know if either will be able to play Sunday.
• Avalanche coach Patrick Roy said he doesn't expect leading scorer Matt Duchene to play in the first-round playoff series against Minnesota. Duchene has been out since damaging the MCL in his left knee when he ran into a teammate against San Jose on March 29. Roy said before Game 2 that he would be “very, very surprised” if Duchene returns against the Wild. The team originally announced Duchene would be out roughly four weeks, which would have put him potentially back for Game 5. Duchene, 23, led the team with a career-high 70 points.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.